Thursday, August 03, 2006

No one is speaking my language
I’m talking talking talking to myself
No one is speaking my language
I listen but no words come out

No one is speaking my language
My language of stars and pink skies and blue nights
There’s a knock and I answer but wordless we just stare
The door closes, a point, a shard of colored glass
Because no one is speaking my language
And no one can

I could sit at this window forever
In my foreign interior land
In this country not so different from my own
My feelings just the same
My language just the same
Only different music pulses
Only different sizes to try on
The sounds are different but with the same no meaning days

No one here speaks my language
is better than
No one understands me
even though
we speak the same language

Here I can feel melancholy and blame it on the sky
Here I am the same
It’s only outside that’s constant change

No comments: